In response to feedback from cluster partners regarding advice on safe & proper handling, storage, transportation and distribution of kerosene and gas, the Global Shelter Cluster's Environment Community of Practice have produced the "Resources for Kerosene and Propane Handling & Storage" document , with links to guidance resources. Please also note the below basic safety links on flammable liquid and gas storage and use as well:
- End user safety: National Fire Protection Association safety tips: http://www.nfpa.org/public-education/by-topic/safety-in-the-home/gasoline-and-propane/gasoline-at-home/gasoline-safety-tips
- Safe gas cylinder handling: http://www.airproducts.com/~/media/files/pdf/company/safetygram-10.pdf
- Storage and handling of flammable liquids: US Occupational Safety and Health Administration: https://www.osha.gov/dte/library/TrngandMatlsLib_FlammableLiquids.pdf
- Secondary containment for storage: Section of USEPA spill prevention, control, and countermeasure guidance https://www.epa.gov/sites/production/files/2014-04/documents/4_secondarycontainment_impracticability_2014.pdf
- Transportation guidance: US Department of Transportation https://www.transportation.gov/regulations/lists-significant-dot-guidance-documents
- This site has links to guidance for all modes of transportation (rail, road, etc.).
I hope this and other documents below prove useful and reflects well your request for guidance. If you have any questions, comments, feedback or concerns, please do still reach out and the Shelter Cluster Iraq team can support.
|Document title||Size||Date ▼|
|Carbon Monoxide Awareness||[ 0.33M ] PDF||2017 01 05|
|Resources for Kerosene and Propane Handling & Storage Description: Advice on safe & proper handling, storage, transportation and distribution of kerosene and gas||[ 0.08M ] PDF||2017 01 04|