Through a sustainable shelter solutions working group (SSSWG), the Shelter cluster has been able to produce standardized tools for the cluster members. In order to improve the accountability of the Shelter partners and to ensure an efficient system of information sharing, the Shelter Cluster decided to provide a web-platform as a service to all shelter cluster partners through the use of mobile technology. The following tools have been created and are currently available through the digital platform. Each tool is accompanied by a concept note, guidance note, training manual/PowerPoint, analysis sheet and standard report format.
- 4 W Matrix: A core activity of the cluster is to compile and verify all information regarding the activities of the partner agencies (who, what, where and when). The Shelter Cluster reports on a monthly basis to UNOCHA through the single reporting format on two main indicators. The tool adds more qualitative data on the shelter programmes and attempts to include some outcome indicators mentioned in the CAP 2014 Shelter.
- Infrastructure Mapping Exercise: The general objective of the mapping exercise is to provide a reliable, useful and timely overview of the living conditions of the IDPs, inclusive their access to basic services. The infrastructure mapping exercise targets mainly existing and newly developed IDP settlements in all Somalia. Most information is taken through key informant discussions and by direct observation.
- Tri-Cluster REACH assessment: This tool combines major parts of the Shelter Cluster needs together with WASH and Education cluster surveys.
- Pre-Eviction assessment (UNHCR specific): This assessment was developed for UNHCR during the evictions in Kismaayo. It can be used as a preparedness tool to better understand eviction trends and main protection concerns.
- Somalia Initial Rapid Needs Assessment (SIRNA): This tool was developed by the Shelter cluster in collaboration with the Inter Cluster Coordination Group (ICCG) to allow for more detailed data collection per cluster. It is a standardized, easily accessible multi-cluster tool that can provide a comprehensive needs overview of a population within days/weeks after a crisis is first reported.
- Post-Distribution Monitoring tool (PDM).This is a survey tool developed for Post Distribution Monitoring assessments.
- Shelter Cluster Needs Assessment: Through the SSSWG and with the support of Reach, a standardized methodology was created to capture the data at household level. The analysis provides crucial information in prioritizing the shelter needs.
2015 11 13
2015 11 11
2015 11 07
2015 10 10
2015 09 25
Mogadishu Mapping Exercise Lessons Learnt
Presentation of lessons learned during the mapping exercise in Mogadishu[ 1.81M ] pdf Shelter Cluster
Lessons Learnt During the Mapping Exercise
A presentation of the lessons Learned During the Mapping Exercise[ 1.21M ] pdf
4W Trainer's Guidance Note
Trainer's Note - Guidance Note for 4W Matrix[ 0.10M ] doc Shelter Cluster
4W Shelter Template
Template for NFI/Shelter Cluster activity details[ 0.43M ] xlsx Shelter Cluster
4W Guidance Note
Guide to the 4/3W, a global tool used to capture data from the field. The matrix is used to generate information products such as maps and tables of achievements to date.[ 0.20M ] pdf Shelter Cluster