GLOBAL SHELTER CLUSTER ANNUAL MEETING 2020
GSC Online Meeting 2020: Burkina Baso Country Presentation
Burkina Baso Coordination Team presented their country profile: https://www.sheltercluster.org/global-shelter-cluster-annual-meeting-2020/documents/global-shelter-cluster-meeting-burkina-faso
Main takeaways and ways forward in Burkina Faso:
- Strengthen durable shelter response with strong technical support. Transition from current emergency shelter responses to more durable shelter solutions
- Advocacy for securing land for the displaced population
- Continuation on the identification of adequate areas for new sites and on the improvement of the site planning of them
- Reinforcement of the emergency shelter contingency stock (response to floods and second displacements)
- Reinforcement of the regional shelter cluster coordination.
- Advocacy for additional shelter partners in country and/or additional capacity and funding for the present ones
- Continuation with the sensitization of beneficiaries to ensure regular maintenance of shelters and sites, as well as on the strengthen shelters when necessary.
- Reinforcement of the monitoring of the implementation of the shelter response by clearly considering the potential risks related to the location and the consequent relocation in the case of a risk situation.
Add to Calendar