GLOBAL SHELTER CLUSTER ANNUAL MEETING 2020
GSC Online Meeting 2020: Venezuela Country Presentation
Two key takeaways from the session:
- Deteriorating humanitarian situation: since the last quarter of 2019, an influx of Venezuelan returnees led to a corresponding escalation in humanitarian needs. Returns from displacement to their areas of origin (AoO) also present a new complex humanitarian challenge amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Shelter strategy is focus on three main areas:
- Supporting sub-standard shelters in border areas
- Community-level interventions
- Supporting the network of temporary shelter arrangements
- Challenges to collect primary data and very limited resources for both international and local partners, which limits response capacity.
Presentations and Publications of the meeting
Participants and Feedback
Add to Calendar