2020 HUMANITARIAN RESPONSE PLAN ETHIOPIA
In 2020, the Government of Ethiopia and the humanitarian community will target 7 million out of the 8.4 million people identified as in need of humanitarian assistance, of which 73 per cent have acute humanitarian needs that must be addressed immediately. The number of people targeted in 2020 includes all the 1.78 million IDPs (of which 70 per cent are displaced because of conflict and the remaining 30 per cent because of climate) and 1.01 million returnees which were identified to be in need in the Humanitarian Needs Overview. Based on the challenges of the 2019 humanitarian response, the humanitarian community will continue adapting to the dynamic, complex and rapidly evolving national environment in a joint partnership with the Government of Ethiopia. This will require more flexibility and agility in the response supported by robust evidencebased decision making.