- About 1028 households have been evicted by AS and arrived in Berdale. 91% of them do not have shelter.
-3,500 households have been displaced due to conflict in Dollow district. 29% of them are living in the open.
- over 2,000 households have been displaced in Wisil town to Hobyo town.
- 1,300 households have been evicted from Farjano IDP sites in Bossaso.
- The Shelter Cluster joined a mission in Wajid where there has not been any shelter assistance provided in the recent years.
Coverage against targets
Around 3.2 million people need shelter and NFI assistance in Somalia. According to PRMN report, conflict and drought has displaced over 537,000 people between January and July 2021. The IDPs have arrived mostly in Banadir, Baidoa, Jowhar, Beletweyne, Luuq, Doolow, and Xudur districts. They urgently need emergency shelter and NFI according to partner assessments.
Cumulatively in 2021, the Shelter Cluster partners have reached 180,005 individuals (8%) of 2.3 Million targeted with NFI assistance, and 124,507 individuals (5%) of the 2.4 million targeted with shelter assistance.
Gaps / challenges
- There are 5,500 NFI kits and 2,000 shelter kits in stock stock countrywide. This is not sufficient to respond to the shelter and NFI needs of the newly displaced population as well as the needs of the IDPs living in protracted situation.
- Funding is urgently required to respond to the displacements and to pre-position the NFI and shelter items for potential displacements in near future.