Inclusion of Persons with Disabilities in Shelter Programming Working Group
This working group was established to support integrating a wider and more systematic disability inclusive approach to shelter and settlements programming through a number of activities:
- Understanding the reality of disability inclusion in shelter and settlements programming through baseline mapping and field investigations
- Acting as a forum to bring organisations, sectors and actors together to share and discuss good practice
- Disseminating tools and standards for use by cluster members, OPDs and other actors
- Planning for inclusive shelter support in emergency operations (including contributing to the Disability Reference Group)
- Testing, review and updating of the All Under One Roof: Disability Inclusive Shelter and Settlements in emergencies guidelines (AUOR).
The updated All Under One Roof guidance can be found on the Global Shelter Cluster website: https://sheltercluster.org/resource/all-under-one-roof