Coordination Community of Practice
The Shelter Cluster Coordination Community of Practice (CoP) is a venue to share and exchange information related to coordination practices used within the Shelter Cluster at global and field levels. It is provisionally open to all individuals interested in the topic regardless of agency affiliation. The value of this initiative is dependant on the active participation from both individuals that represent agencies and independents that are engaged or interested in all levels of Relief, Shelter and Settlement sector coordination.
To receive notifications from this CoP and become part of it, simply use the "Follow this Group" link to the left. Users are encouraged to create an account with the platform.
For more information, this Community is moderated by Pablo Medina (IFRC) and Sahdia Khan (UNHCR).
Themes of conversation include, but are not limited to:
- Lessons learned and best practices used by activated cluster teams;
- Inquiries and sharing of processes, templates, tools and resources used in coordination. Update of the GSC coordination toolkit (CTK);
- Reviews of the Global-level coordination practices;
- Share learning resources;
- Updates to the ShelterCluster.org web platform or mobile application.
**Note: the previous Communities of Practice, originally hosted using Google Groups will be decommissioned and hosted natively on the ShelterCluster.org website going forward.
Some important resources:
- The Global Shelter Cluster Information Management and Assessment Toolkit
- The Shelter Cluster Mobile App - Available for iOS and Android platforms